Monday, December 22, 2008

Ζητείται Ελπίς.....

Last Thursday I started my odyssia to travel from Ireland to Greece...
After 17 hours finally I arrived in Athens at 4.30 am..tired, sick with flu, moody...
First thing Ι faced, the smell of cigarette at the airport, second thing the attitude of the airport officer when I told him I was late for my last flight....his response: Relax,unless they call your name...everything is ok! and a cute joke about my laptop...
I smiled...if the people haven't lost their humor yet, then there is hope, I thought!
Next day I had to drive to Thessaloniki for an appointment..... the main road was blocked by farmers who protested against the policy of the government..I almost missed my appointment but didn't complain....they have their right....
Greece, a country which occupies the frontline of the foreign media for the last 2 weeks.... the country of democracy and civilisation and resistance as some people add... a country I know I will visit only on vacation, where the people I met are disappointed and feel insecure about the future, they constantly discuss the current situation, they exagerrate, become passionate, argue, live!
Greece, where the sun shines even during the winter days and gives you the illusion that things are not that bad...cause everybody has the right to dream.....

No comments: