Friday, February 13, 2009

Words full of smells and flavors...


The last week two very good friends gave me a book and a cd.
The book is The Little Prince.The cd is a collection of traditional songs from Izmir together with a book explaining the history and music of this multicultural city.
I read the little prince when I was a kid and I still have the book at my parent's house.
20 years later I bought it for a little girl I never met, but thought that it's the best book to start reading.
The little prince is next to my bed 3 days now and makes me feel safe cause I wake up and feel like kid again.The music makes me cry cause I feel sodade for an area I deeply love but have left so many years ago....
In both cases the smile comes when I read the notes of my friends.Simple words, words full of love and warmth which bring smells and flavors....and lots of sun....

No comments: