Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Selection criteria for seeking directions......

Lately I'm reading a lot on selection criteria for prosecuting war crimes...today while walking on campus someone asked me for directions.....
I couldn't help him but I started thinking, how do we choose who we ask for directions????
My first thought was people who seem to be nice, open, approachable...same stuff when we look for someone to take a picture of us..in that case he/she must look also reliable, not for taking a good photo, simply not running away with your cam....
Someone though dissolved my illusion, suggesting something less ideal about these criteria..
Going back to the context of war crimes, someone made a reference to the Greek verb "κρίνω", where the word criteria comes from....
no matter what, whether they choose cause you are open or you are cute, at the very end the result is the same.....this κρίση makes you feel much better......

No comments: