Thursday, July 23, 2009

Turkish coffee in an NY mug

This afternoon I made a cup of Turkish coffee after long time.
I felt sodade for the summer afternoon in Greece...I pictured my grandmum boiling her coffee and then sitting in the veranda, complaining about the heat...and I smiled, felt suddenly warm despite the nasty Irish weather.
The sight of a special mag I bought in NY and always carry the last years, brought another flow of memories...
NYC with Fatos and Angela strolling around, being introduced by the two ladies to the tea culture...I felt even warmer...Yesterday I didn't know how to gather the broken pieces...today the aroma of the coffee, the thought of family and friends, made me realize that it's the small things that bring us balance, the secret is to boil the aromatic coffee and use the right mug...

No comments: