Sunday, February 3, 2008

Who Am I?


I wanted long time now to write about the lost children of the Argentine Dirty War.

Between 1976-1983, 500 infants were stolen by their imprisoned mothers and given to military families.The mothers were assassinated after the birth.30.000 people are desaparecidos in Argentina...
Some days ago, I read about a documentary of an american-cuban director, titled " Who am I", describing the story of those stolen children, most of them in my age...30 years now carry a fake identity, having no idea about their real parents.

The heavy task of identifying all those kids has been undertaken by the so called Grandmothers of the Plaza de Mayo.They are the same women who used to protest every Thursday afternoon, demanding the truth about their missing children...
I cannot continue writing...inhumanity is overwhelming and I feel tiny...


No comments: