Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nobel Prize in Simplicity...

Something funny happened this morning......I went to buy some fruits and the cashier asked me where I'm from.I said Greece, he said ah....are you muslim? I said no...he replied oh yes I confused Greece with Turkey!
He made me smile, thinking that this is the simplest comment and at the same time the most outrageous for nationalists of both sides...

Paul Krugman on Monday October 13,posted a note on his blog with the title "A funny thing happened to me this morning...."
He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Economic Science.

In an era where everything seems to be complicating, confusing or oversimplistic we do need a nobel prize in simplicity...the same way the word nationalization has been recently dedemonized....


http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/

No comments: