Saturday, November 15, 2008

what if the rice and the liquid is not balanced?


The last 4 days I was in Leuven participating in a course on Transitional Justice in Europe.
Apart from the interesting content of the course, I met old friends and obtained new ones from the corner of the world I come from....southeast Europe...a unique region...
when we discussed Cyprus I was surprised to read that the Annan plan aimed to promote a dispassionate dialogue between greek and turkish cypriots... contrary to that our contribution in the course was nothing but passionate, full of life, worries and hope...
the previous night we went for dinner to a restaurant where the chef invited all of us in the kitchen to see how the Valencian paella was created...and among other things he said:"the rice and the liquid have to be balanced in order to achieve a good taste"!
Like every relationship I thought and maybe shouted...but what if the rice and the liquid cannot be balanced no matter how hard you try? how do you deal with the feeling of bitterness?
I don't know....I gave a warm hug to all of them and when I said we'll meet soon...I meant it!

To Olga, Ayla, Rana, Michalis, Ugur, Sandra, Eldar......

No comments: